‘Smart people like to work in a smart office.’
The smart offices market is expected to reach USD 93.4 Billion in 2030. But what drives this market size?
The need to be energy efficient and the chain reaction to its related industries and market is the leading reason for the growth of intelligent offices.
Nowadays, people are technology-driven and enjoy having technology around them and using it to run everything.
Gone are those days when everything was supposed to be maneuvered by another person. Now, with just a single click, you control all the lighting or smart devices while sitting in one place.
Smart conference rooms, gamification, indoor maps, voice control, and even rewards are driven by technology.
So, are you ready to dive into this future world? Come with us, and we’ll let you know what you need for a smart office setup.
Smart Lighting For Smart Work
In modern offices, smart lighting has replaced traditional lights. From operation to colors of light, you can change them as you wish. Intelligent lights are connected to smart devices and can be manipulated easily.
Some smart lights are manipulated by the surrounding environment and change the intensity of light accordingly. They have sensors that detect motion around the room.
All intelligent lighting and devices are connected to the same wifi network in the smart office. The lights can be installed so that they work together or separately.
Types of smart light fixtures:
- Smart bulbs come with varied lighting colors and operability. You can control them with a remote, hubs, or sensors.
- Smart lighting strips create ambient lighting and are installed in cabinets, walls, ceilings, or furniture.
- Smart lighting fixtures are integrated lighting systems controlled by voice command, mobile app, or sensing motion.
- Smart plugs are internet-enabled plugs that control the electricity flow to other devices.
Modern and Smart Furniture
Offices are the workplace where smart furniture has seen immense success. With prolonged periods of time spent in one place, people need furniture that adjusts to their body requirements. Therefore, furniture must be smart, versatile, and customizable to meet human demands. Following is a curated list of smart furniture:
The chairs that adjust as per the human body features are called ergonomic chairs. The following are the features of ergonomic chairs:
- Adjustable seat height
- Movable armrests and headrests
- Tilt functionality
- Lumbar back support
- Adjustable seat depth
- High-quality casters
Do regular desks bore you? Here is the best replacement that is smart and ergonomic desks. Following are the features of an ergonomic desk that help you maintain an upright posture:
- Adjustable height
- Adjustable desk length
- Monitor riser
- Underdesk keyboard platform
- Active seating with ergonomic chairs
Wireless Charging Capabilities in Furniture
Today’s office desks feature concealed charging stations. Therefore, wiring is hidden, leaving you to see the easily charged devices. This wireless charging setup is installed in work tables or poseur tables.
These smart tables use magnetic induction for charging. Still, the wirings are used in this magnetic coil, which is placed under the desk.
You can get this feature on any office table made of wood or glass. The sole disadvantage of this feature is that it charges the gadgets slowly.
Ergonomic Kneeling Office Chairs
To upright your posture in the office, kneeling office chairs are newcomers in the field of furniture.
These chairs are adaptable and adjust as you want. They can be static and have cushions to support your knees. You can also opt for kneeling chairs with casters for better mobility. Some chairs are rocking chairs that keep your back and buttocks muscles active.
Kneeling chairs prevents fatigue in your back and neck muscles. These chairs are the talk of the town and one step ahead of ergonomic chairs.
Triple Wonder: Smart Storage Space
You need a space that should store your stuff and needs to be smart. Thus smart storage is connected to the user by mobile app, security passwords, or hubs, which they can control from the office or remotely too.
You don’t need to be physically present in a storage room anymore. The alerts regarding burglary, malfunctioning, or forceful operations are sent in real-time to the user. This way, users can change the security settings and secure their lockers remotely.
This type of smart office with smart storage instills trust in employees while relieving them of personal items.
Smart appliances make the task of employees who are already dealing with heavy workloads easier. They are connected to a wifi network and are user-friendly:
These are connected to wifi and control and maintain the office’s ventilation, heating, and cooling. You can schedule the heating and cooling in thermostats, and it will perform accordingly.
You can also control the preference of different temperatures in different rooms with a smart device.
Motion sensors on smart thermostats allow them to detect when a room is empty or occupied. As a result, it doesn’t require manual on/off switches to turn on and off.
The interactive whiteboards are smart appliances for better message delivery and effective communication. The benefits of intelligent whiteboards are
- It encourages employees’ engagement with the speaker.
- Internet connectivity makes instant research possible.
- You do not need to worry about memory because it has a huge amount of storage space.
- It reduces the cost of individual stationeries.
The appliances or accessories have sensors that identify the waves or motion for proper functioning. These are used from doors to taps.
- Sensor doors detect motion or infrared images for opening and closing the doors.
- Sensor lights brighten up when someone enters the room and turn off when someone leaves.
- Sensor taps detect the motion and water flows from the faucet for a few seconds.
- High heat sensors alert people about upcoming fires. These are generally mounted on ceilings or high walls.
Sensors in smart offices are proven highly beneficial. It makes the most effective use of the workplace by optimizing it. It also improves the efficiency of employees. It saves time and makes surveying and supervision in the office a lot easier.
Enhance Security With a Biometric Fingerprint Scanner
Biometric authentication has replaced the logging details in the paper. People have multiple choices to log themselves in and out with the help of biometry.
A fingerprint is a biometric authentication mark that is unique for every individual. A fingerprint scanner installed in a smart office has many benefits, such as
- It provides uncrackable and secure access to the premises.
- It gives accurate data.
- It made access to the workplace or important documents faster.
- It is more convenient than passwords.
Benefits Of A Smart Office
Improved, encouraged, safe, and productive employees are the result of the installation of IoT (Internet of Things) devices in smart offices.
- The effective utilization of smart devices or appliances increases the productivity of employees.
- An efficient use of energy is made possible by smart sensors and lights in the smart office.
- The devices or surroundings are managed by an individual from smart devices. They can adjust the lighting, temperature, or desks as per they require.
- The ability of employees to use smart equipment upholds their autonomy. Employees’ access to electronics increases their confidence and sense of self-worth.
- A smart office improves collaboration among team members or clients, both onsite and online. Smart devices do video conferencing, automated calendars, or collect headcounts data.
Here we are, after discussing all the features of smart offices. We’ve gone through smart lights and learned how energy efficient they are. Also, smart appliances with sensors and wifi networks enable effective communication and management in the office. Similarly, smart storage gives you a safe and secure space to keep personal items. Biometric authentication validates your presence or absence in the office.
Thus a smart office is a new-age workplace that is employee-friendly and brings the best out of everyone. Arcedior has a huge collection of office accessories that will transform your office into a smart office. Click here and immerse yourself in the pool of office-related products.
Frequently Asked Questions
What makes a smart office?
A smart office is made of smart appliances and furniture that reduce the pressure to maneuver manually. It makes an energy-efficient and user-friendly workplace. It enhances people’s productivity and creativity and helps them achieve their goals within a time limit. Most of the smart devices and appliances are connected to wifi networks or hubs, thus making access easier from any location.
What are the benefits of a smart office?
The benefits of smart offices are:
1. It improves employee time management.
2. It manages the data and essentials of daily activities of people.
3. Instant sharing of data with the organization.
4. Enables interviews from remote locations.
5. It boosts productivity and creativity among the employees.
6. It has interconnected devices and appliances; thus, information is saved in one location.
What is the difference between a smart office and a conventional office?
The connectivity to the wifi network brings the main difference between smart and conventional offices. Conventional offices do not have such devices and appliances that need a network connection. They usually work in the paper-pen method. They have rigid furniture, logging books, and unorganized utilization of space.
In contrast, smart offices use smart appliances and devices that enable the smooth functioning of an office. Here, sensors and networks are used to collect the data and gather the information in one place.
How does smart office work?
It works with modern technology and enables the normal functioning of the office in an advanced way. Smart offices are controlled by devices that work on an internet connection or sensors. Thus, a continuous need for an internet connection is required for smart offices. The presence or absence of employees, handling of devices, and security of items are well carried out by smart devices.
(n.d.). Smart Offices Market Size And Forecast. Verified Market Research. https://www.verifiedmarketresearch.com/product/global-smart-office-market-size-and-forecast-to-2025/
Having done her Bachelor’s in Technology, Shruti always has an inclination towards implementing technology in day to day life. Being a business owner and homemaker she is superb at multitasking and manages the sourcing and operations of the company. On the personal front, she is very fond of reading, gardening, cooking and drawing. Through her worldview, she is always brewing fresh content in her mind with her hobbies reflecting in her work.
- V6 by vank: Vank
- Smart-whiteboard: Taiyun
- Smart Office: Behance