Each new year brings in an exciting array of interior design trends; Some stay, some die, and just a few become an interior inspiration for designers across the globe.
This article talks about some of the biggest interior design trends of 2018, which are big with the designers, and can be easily incorporated in your home or office décor themes.
1. A Good Case of Warm Color Schemes
As the year is nearing its end, it’s getting colder. This means you’ll spend more time indoors. This also means that you’ll need to have a cozy living area that is warm and inviting. Warm color schemes on walls have been taking the center stage this year.
Shades that have warmer hints can easily be incorporated into existing décor schemes in your homes or offices. From intimate hues of red to neutral homey tones; there are plenty of color choices that will instantly warm up your space.
Warm Colors To Use on Your Walls…
- Rich Red
- Soft Blue
- Shades of Gray
- Moody Green
- Mustard Yellow
- Creamy White
2. Sofas That Make a Statement
Neutral tone sofas are a thing of the past. Statement sofas are trending this year. However, the challenge here is not letting the sofa overpower the rest of the décor in the room.
So, if you fantasize about a statement sofa, you need to know how to make it work:
How To Make Statement Sofas Work
- Amplify the color – make the statement sofa pop against the pale surroundings.
- Repeat the shade – make a bold statement by coordinating the sofa color with the rug or a piece of art on the wall.
- Go wild with patterns – forget about mixing subtle with bold. Go wild all the way with an unexpected combination of patterns, colors, and artwork.
3. Geometric Wallpaper That Wows
Wallpaper design has changed over time. With myriad different textures and patterns, wallpapers are now more of an art. This year, geometric wallpapers have made a mark with bold colors and large shapes. These geometric throws are easy to incorporate in any room to instantly draw attention to any space.
Haara Metsa by Cameron Design House is designed to look like a weeping willow branch. It is beautifully assembled to create a dramatic effect worthy of appreciation.
How To Style a Geometric Wallpaper
- Use complementary colors – if using bold bright wallpaper, choose neutral or monochromatic shades for furniture and décor items.
- Make the geometric wallpaper the feature piece – use a geometric wallpaper only if you want to make it the feature of the room.
- Be open-minded and creative – don’t be afraid to try out different combinations of geometric colors.
4. The Vintage Look
With its rustic yet luxurious feel, it’s no wonder that the vintage lighting has been trending this year and will make its way into the new year as well.
The Vintage Lighting Styles That Are Trending
- Vintage copper pendant
- Wireframe geometric pendants
- Vintage chandeliers
- Vintage glass domes
- Pick LED vintage style bulbs for brighter white light, which also consumes less electricity.
- While selecting any hanging light, measure the ceiling height and consider the cord length too.
- Individual hanging lights can be grouped together in multiples and hanged at varying heights for added drama.
5. Velvet Furniture Is Taking Over
Velvet was always looked upon as something that is old-fashioned. However, interior designers love this multi-dimensional fabric.
Believe it or not, they have turned this old-fashioned fabric into something luxurious and funky. Velvet is and will be one of most sought-after trends in the new year.
Where Best To Use Velvet
- Sofa – going velvet on a sofa is a big commitment. But you’ll love the look as it’ll jazz up the living area.
- Headboards – They are getting bigger than before and have started to take over the entire wall. Velvet makes the headboard super soft and provides excellent support while you read or relax. Dining chairs – A versatile fabric that looks good and is stain-resistant